As you can see, my blog site has mesmerizing main photo of chocolate crepe cake with strawberry on top. I chose that photo to remind myself that I must make it for this blog. It is no oven baking and does not require any hard baking skills but what you need is “patience”. You should have at least 20 crepes to have decent height of the crepe cake so it was such a physical labor. The process is mainly stacking the crepe with the whipped cream over and over which was worth it! Let’s dive into it.
- 210g Flour
- 100g Butter
- 675mL Milk
- 6 eggs
- 80g Cocoa Powder
- 105g Sugar
- 400mL Heavy Cream
- 20g Sugar
- 40g Condensed Milk
- 225mL Heavy Cream
- 200g Sugar
- 170g Chocolate
- 15g Butter
- Combine the sugar, flour and cocoa powder and whisk. 2. Use the had mixer while mixing the 6 eggs, melted butter and warmed milk. The melted butter and warmed milk should be add gradually.
3. Put the crepe batter into the fridge at least 2 hours so that the dry ingredients can be well-mixed with the liquid ingredients.
4. Make a crepe with the non-sticking pan in medium heat. Pour the batter with 1/4 cup and as soon as you pour it into the pan, swirl the pan so that the crepe batter can fill the pan evenly. Make at least 20 crepes. Let it cool for about 30 minutes.
5. Make the whipped cream with the hand mixer. Put it in the fridge.
6. Make the ganache by first boiling the sugar and heavy cream at the pot and pour it into the chocolate and butter. Let it chill.
7. Now the physical labor part! Layer the crepe and whipped cream over and over until you are satisfied with the height.8. Pour the cool ganache over the crepe cake and let it cool. Top it with your favorite fruit. I used strawberry.
It was so delicious that I invited my friends to have some. Everyone was amazed by the layer of the crepes and whipped cream that all enjoyed. Here are some photos that my friends took. You really need to devote your time making this crepe cake but after all it was worth it!
I used this recipe from buzzfeed so to check out more click here!