Personally, I love everything about cheese. I think cheese makes the food so delicious. When it is melt and stretches ‘ugh’ it looks amazing. Now with the baking, I adore cheesecake! It looks very basic but I wanted explore and find out if the process is also basic. This week I was interested in any Japanese style baking and I saw this 3-ingredients cheesecake from Epicurious! I successfully made it and it was pleasantly simple process. I am happy I can introduce this recipe to our baking beginners so here it goes!
- 7 egg yolks / 7 egg whites (Room temperature)
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 9 ounces cream cheese (Room temperature)
- 9″ round cake pan
- Line bottom of 9″ cake pan with the parchment paper. First the round bottom and the rim of the cake pan should be higher than the cake pan. It could be difficult for the beginners so you can calculate the circumference of the cake pan and use the ruler before you cut. Then foil up the pan over the sides to prevent water entering pan.
- Put the white chocolate and cook with double boiler. (Check the “Homemade Tiramisu” post if you are not familiar with double boiler.)
- Add the cream cheese to the melted white chocolate and mix it well.
- If the 3. batter is hot then cool it and add egg yolks.
- Use the hand mixer with the high speed and whip the egg whites. Make it fluffy like a cloud.
- Add a small portion of egg whites toe the mixture and stir. Fold remaining egg whites in 2 additions.
- Pour the mixture to the cake pan. Place the pan to another bigger pan like the picture and add warm water to halfway of the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in 350F degrees for 40-45 minutes. When it is done, turn the oven off and leave pan in oven 15 minutes. This was the result.
- Remove cheesecake from pan, and move it to another any flat pan and chill until cold. You have to wait at least 4 hours so I recommend to put it in the fridge overnight.
I sprinkled the sugar powder on top and these were the slices of the cheesecake.It tasted so good! Yum Yum. It was so delicious and surprisingly not too sweet. There were lots of white chocolate but I could taste cream cheese more than white chocolate. It was very easy process and honestly, who could resist making cheesecake involving only 3 ingredients?! Make it and enjoy this lovely cheesecake.