Baking takes time. But when you do not have enough time to bake you can make this delicious Tiramisu! Tiramisu does not need any oven baking. The bread fillings inside the Tiramisu can be any soft bread that you can buy at grocery store. I bought my Vanilla Loaf Bread at Payless Store in West Lafayette. I think large grocery stores like Walmart or Payless has great bakery station. Tonight is my friends birthday but I had no time to bake the cake and do all the decoration so I chose to do this Tiramisu. The Tiramisu is the king of moist dessert that breads are soaked in with the coffee. Then the bread is layered with lots of mascarpone cream cheese so I would say it is more hard to fail. I hope you can try at home too! (For more information about Tiramisu, click the link!)
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- 2Tbs Coffee espresso
- 200g heavy cream
- 500g mascarpone
- cocoa powder and sugar powder for dusting
- Any soft bread
- coffee syrup: 1cup espresso, 1Tbs sugar
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar and black coffee by cooking double boiler. (Pour proper amount of water into the pot so that when the bowl is on the pot the water won’t touch the bowl directly. Double boiler will melt the ingredient in the bowl by the heat of the steam.)
- The egg yolk mixture’s viscosity should be this much.
- I love mascarpone so I had this pretty shot. I have link of what you can make with this mascarpone cheese. Enjoy.
- Whip the mascarpone until light and fluffy. Add heavy cream and keep whipping.
- Pour (1) egg yolk mixture into (2) mascarpone mixture.
- I will use this bread. It is very soft and has no flavor in it yet.
- Cool the espresso, add sugar and mix well. (I placed it between the container and the bread for the easy process.We will going to soak the bread with the coffee and plac it into the container. )
- First layer is mascarpone cream. Soak the bread in espresso and place in serving bowl. And add (3) mascarpone cream again. (This shot is only cream + soaked bread)
- layer the (3) cream and bread. Finally dust with cocoa powder and sugar powder.