Since it all started from the brownie, the first homemade baking post that I would like to introduce is the simplest fudge brownie. Anyone can make it at home! You do not need any difficult techniques or lots of ingredients. The fudge brownie has less flours and baking powders than other brownies so that it is more dense, moist and chewy. I wanted to make something dense and share with people in Valentine’s day. The photos are all my work. Without further ado, let’s get started!
- 20cm X 20cm (8”X8”) Square Baking Pan
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 165g Butter
- 5 eggs
- Few drops of Vanilla Bean Extract
- 165g Brown Sugar
- 15g or 1Tsp Soft Flour
- 15g or 1Tsp Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
1. Put the dark chocolate and butter together and melt it thoroughly by cooking double boiler.
2. Mix eggs and few drops of vanilla extract. Then add the brown sugar when eggs are all mixed. Do not add the whole brown sugar at once. Add half of it and mix it with hand mixer then rest of it and mix. More foam and bubble makes the process fast!
3. You have to make thick liquid so I recommend that the speed of hand mixer should be fast. At this point, preheat the oven to 340 degrees. Like the picture below, if it is thick enough add the melted dark chocolate and butter and mix.
4. Last thing to mix are the cocoa powder, soft flour and pinch of salt.
5. Pour the batter into the square baking pan with sheets on it. Then insert to preheated oven and wait for 25-30 minutes. (I waited 27 min.)
6. Voila! You should let it cool for awhile. I sliced it into 9 small square pieces.
I could feel it when I was slicing that it was very rich and moist. The surface would be thin so that it will easily crack. But inside, it is very dense and moist. I am happy with the result and it tasted fantastic! I’ve got sugar high that wrapping process for my friends were more fun! I hope you try this recipe and have great results!